.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;} <$BlogRSDURL$>

Thursday, August 17, 2006

UP, UP AND AWAY
I'll be away for the next couple of weeks, heading out West (sans toothpaste).

Photo Flying the shampooless skies.

I've posted a bit this week about the Bush administration turning to fear mongering and terror trumpeting at politically convenient moments. While it does seem as though they ramp up the terror rhetoric whenever things go south for them, I'm really starting to think it may have something to do with me personally more than anything else. Seriously, every single time I have to fly, Director of Homeland Insecurity Chertoff dominates my TV screen and the threat meter skyrockets.

On the heels of the "massive" terror plot Bush so masterfully thwarted all by himself last week, here's just some of what's threaded into my consciousness as I prepare to fly:
Mid-air scare diverts DC-bound flight to Boston
Threat causes evacuation of Fiji-Sydney flight
Port of Seattle evacuated after bomb scare

That last one is particularly exciting as Seattle is where I'm headed. Oh, and right as I was about to hit 'publish on this sucker and head to the airport, I see this:
W. Virginia airport evacuated in explosive alert
Thank god George W. Bush has made us so much safer. Jeebus.

See you all in two weeks... I hope.



Oh, and Mr. Scarborough? The answer to your question is an unequivocal "yes".



Where the crap have you been? Douchebag.

Comments: Post a Comment


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?