.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;} <$BlogRSDURL$>

Tuesday, June 13, 2006

WELL THAT SUCKED
Thank god we Americans don't give a rat's ass about soccer, because that game yesterday was just downright embarassing. Oy.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Uh, when's NFL training camp open?

I would write about the crowd at the pub I escaped to on my lunch break to watch this game, but it would be like blogging a funeral, and what fun is that?

Looking for some solace? At least we didn't blame it on the field. Seriously, can the French be any more irritating? Any regular reader of this blog knows I'm not one to side with the boorish, freedom fry munching, anti-French crowd, but they really are a pain in the ass. Get over it and tie with dignity, would ya?

Oh, and this was a nice surprise: Owen Wilson apparently plays for the Czech Republic. Check him out, at right, in the man embrace with Flock of Seagulls guy. Who knew?

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting And Vince Vaughn plays for Togo.

Lastly, the NYT Blog has perhaps the best US-centric coverage of the tourney. They liveblog every game, which is great when you're stuck at work. They also led me to this site, which offers a bevy of mp3 downloads of Soca Warrior anthems for all your Trinidadian rooting pleasure. It was this song, 'Fighter', that provided the thump to my weekend last Saturday. Tasty.

MORE
Deadspin: We Waited 4 Years for This?
WDM: Who Should I Cheer For?
Sportlitics: The Aftermath
Bush: World Cup? What's that?

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting 'Stupid kid, why doesn't he just use his hands?'

p.s. I was going to return to political blogging today, but the Rove news depressed me too much. I may just keep this soccer thing up for a few more weeks.

Comments:
akülü istif makinası
transpaletler
 
Post a Comment


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?