.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;} <$BlogRSDURL$>

Tuesday, January 17, 2006

DR. ROSS DELIVERS A DOSE
I'm not much for awards shows. I watch them, usually to poke fun, but I would rarely blog about them. This year's Golden Globes however provided an exception to that rule, thanks in large part to George Clooney. Winner of the night's first award, Supporting Actor, for his role in Syriana, a searing look at big oil, big money and politics. And who did Clooney thank first?

Image hosting by TinyPic "I want to thank Jack Abramoff, you know, just because-I -- I'm the first one out, so lets get this thing rolling. I don't know why. Who would name their kid Jack with the last words "off" at the end of your last name? No wonder that guy is screwed up."

Reliable as always, Crooks & Liars has
the video. As C&L aptly points out, Clooney's minor mention should prove to expand the awareness of Abramoff's dirty dealings beyond the realm of political junkiedom, which is a good thing. And as much as I appreciate a very public dig at a dirty Republican, and anything that serves to raise the hackles of the extreme right nutjobs, I can't say it was the best part of the evening. That honor goes to...

This:Image hosting by TinyPicThis:Image hosting by TinyPicAnd These:Image hosting by TinyPic

Nice globes Scarlett.

MORE
H'wood Rag: The Red Carpet
Egotastic: Scarlett Gets Groped (that Mizrahi is one lucky bastard)
Blue Report: Surprise! Christian fundamentalists didn't like the Globes.

Comments:
I love George Clooney. If I didn't have the cutest boyfriend ever, I would book a flight to Lake Como right now!
 
halatlı vinç
monoray vinç
 
Post a Comment


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?