.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;} <$BlogRSDURL$>

Sunday, April 09, 2006

BACK FROM THE LAND
As a political junkie, I can't just go and take a normal vacation can I? No, that just wouldn't be any fun. Sure, some folks would take their two weeks to lounge on the beach, soak in the sun and sip fruity cocktails with little umbrellas in them while forgetting about the world's troubles. But no, not this blogger. Instead, I make my native trek to Israel, in the heart of the Middle East, just in time for Election Day. And what do I find? That something new to the nation, voter apathy, has taken hold. Apparently, these are the angsty, petulant teenage years of statehood. But fear not Israel, in another 20 years, when that middle-age panic begins to set in, you too can embrace wholesale corruption as we have here in the U.S.

Speaking of, it's good to see that we took out some of the trash while I was gone. Oh Tom Delay, we hardly knew the depths of your dark, dark heart, but we'll be glad if we don't have to dive any deeper. While I'm certain we haven't seen the last of your greasy grill, I'd like to thank you for the respite, however long it lasts.

Image hosting by Photobucket (photo courtesy Juanita, via D-Ren)

Oh, but hey Hammer, can you tell your off-the-rails supporters to chill the fu*k out before someone gets hurt? Thanks.

I was also pleased to see that the I-word continued to rear its welcome head, this time on the front page of the WaPo. Oh, and here, here and here -- and that was all in one day I think. I also see that the Department of Homeland Security continues to keep the nation's youth at the top of its 'to do' list. And it was good to see that John McCain is continuing on his quest to sell his soul outright, at bargain-basement prices no less.

Image hosting by Photobucket (thx Shakes)

It was even better to see Jon Stewart call him on it.

It was also good to see this man, Harry Taylor, take the microphone last week and say directly to the president what so many of us have felt for so long: "You should be ashamed of yourself Mr. President."

Image hosting by Photobucket Oh Snap!

Man, they're letting all kinds into these things now, ain't they? I guess DeLay must've worked the door at these events or something.

But the most welcome news upon my return had to be the Leak Revival that took place in the pages of the mainstream press late last week. We all knew this thing wasn't even close to over, and now we'll really get to see 'em sweat. Of course, in the case of this administration heavy sweating can soon lead to heavy bombing, so perhaps we shouldn't be too gleeful just yet. Especially after reading Sy Hersh's latest. *gulp*

Never thought I'd say this, but I sure do miss the serenity of Israel right now.

Image hosting by Photobucket See, there is peace in the Middle East.

Comments: Post a Comment


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?