Sunday, September 18, 2005
HOMEY DON'T PLAY THAT
You know how Bush supposedly "doesn't care about black people"? Well, the feeling is apparently mutual. This, earlier in the week, from comedian Damon Wayans:
"I'll send my sons [to Iraq] if [Bush] sends his daughters. Put those two drunk bitches on a plane and let them go fight. At least I know my sons would be getting some on the way."
Said one clown to the other . Bozo.
A few other random bits that slipped through the Days news filter this past week:
- In local politics, congressman Anthony Weiner's campaign for the Democratic mayoral nomination has proven comic gold for every potty joke enthusiast out there. Last Tuesday's primary brought Weinerfest '05 to a 'head' (see what I mean!) when headline writers everywhere were provided the glorious opportunity to pen the header, "Weiner Pulls Out." And here I thought "Weiner runoff" was going to be the best we got. We'll miss you Mr. Weiner, please re-insert yourself in '09.
- Leave it to New Jersey to unleash the Bubonic Plague on us all. I still haven't forgiven them for Bon Jovi dammit.
- Speaking of plagues, Britney and K.Fed introduced little baby Preston to the world this past week. While I was certain the baby would resemble a Cheeto, Top5 has the photo exclusive to prove me wrong.
- Avast mateys! Tomorrow is Talk Like a Pirate Day! Don't forget your eye patch.
- And finally, a recommendation for those of you here in New York. I caught the opening night of "Bush is Bad", a new musical revue at the Triad Theatre on the Upper West Side. It's similar to this blog, only set to music and a whole lot more clever. The show runs through October, go check it out! Tickets available here.
Links to this post: