.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;} <$BlogRSDURL$>

Thursday, March 31, 2005

CULTURE OF HYPOCRISY
No matter whose side you're on, news of Terri Schiavo's passing today is sad. Out of respect, I will not mock anyone involved in this sad circus. I will however illustrate yet again the supreme hypocrisy of our President, who released the following statement shortly after Schiavo's passing:
"I urge all those who honor Terri Schiavo to continue to work to build a culture of life where all Americans are welcomed and valued and protected, especially those who live at the mercy of others."
Now, consider those words as we recall this infamous episode from Bush's gubernatorial days, as described by journalist Tucker Carlson:

In the week before [Karla Faye Tucker's] execution, Bush says, Bianca Jagger and a number of other protesters came to Austin to demand clemency for Tucker. "Did you meet with any of them?" I ask. Bush whips around and stares at me. "No, I didn't meet with any of them," he snaps, as though I've just asked the dumbest, most offensive question ever posed.

"I didn't meet with Larry King either when he came down for it. I watched his interview with [Tucker], though. He asked her real difficult questions, like 'What would you say to Governor Bush?' "

"What was her answer?" I wonder.

"Please," Bush whimpers, his lips pursed in mock desperation, "don't kill me."

Compassionate Conservative indeed.

MORE
Simple and to the point: Bush Kills
Hamster: Erring on the Side of Life?
Sherman Alexie: Reclaiming God and unmasking Bush as a lousy Christian


Comments:
Don't pay attention to Bush. It's all about those evil judges! How dare they trample on the culture of life. If they ate their Culture of Life Cereal every morning, then they would know how to respect life. Hot Tub Tom DeLay will save us all!

You have a nice set of links by the way. I dig it. Peace.
 
Post a Comment


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?